LAST CHANCE: Nominations For Recognition To Close | Community Spirit
Do you know of a friend or neighbor that deserves special recognition is Waukee? Tuesday will be your last chance to nominate someone for Citizen of the Year.
These are the rules set by the City:
• The Mayor will appoint a Selection Committee consisting of three members.
• Nominations will be accepted from February 1, 2013 through March 1, 2013 at City Hall.
• Nominees for Citizen of the Year will be considered for their dedicated volunteer service to the city, schools, civic organizations, churches or community and on other criteria developed by the committee. In order to be considered for the award, a nominee must be a Waukee resident. Selection will not be based strictly on the number of nominations received for a particular nominee.
• Nominations received will become the property of the City of Waukee and will not be returned.
• No information regarding nominations will be released.
• The Selection Committee will review all the nominations in March and report their selection to the Mayor.
• The Mayor will announce the name of the recipient at the April 1, 2013 regular council meeting.
• A reception honoring the Citizen of the Year will be held in late April/early May.
• The Citizen of the Year will also be honored by riding in the parades for the 4th of July and Waukeefest.